restoration of listed buildings

RESTORATION OF LISTED BUILDING "AGORA ARGIRI"

PROPRIETOR: MUNICIPALITY OF PATRAS

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The company assumed the restoration of the neoclassic listed building of "Agora Argiri". 

The building dates back in 1881 when it was erected by the architect Sp. Tzetzos, lead by Ernst Ziller, and occupies 2,155m2 on a 1,470m2 sized site. Original building use involved meat and fish markets for the first 50 years. It had been left derelict since 1947, when, by the end of 2000 decade, architectural and engineering planning permission took place anew, to regenerate the building, within the guidelines of Patras - European Capital of Culture 2006. As-built brief included three exhibition lobbies, multiple purpose hall, restaurant and coffee shop, three commercial stores, communal spaces & service rooms. 

Triaina S.A. gave the building life again, by delivering it back to the people of Patras to its full form and function in 2010.

The company restored the original facades and the timber frame of the roof to their original state, reinforced the load-bearing brickwork, and reconstructed all internal woodwork.


RESTORATION OF LISTED TWO-STOREY BUILDING "MARAGOPOULOS WAREHOUSES"

PROPRIETOR: FORTUNE

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The company undertook the restoration of the listed building located on St.Andreas Str. in the city of Patras. 

The building is known as "Maragopoulos Warehouses" and extends up to 1,125m2.

The original design of the facades embodies an exceptional eclectic fragment of mid-war industrial architecture, through which aesthetic art deco features are easily noted.

The building sheltered all professional activities of Vassilis Maragopoulos, which started in 1893, when the "Arena" was merely a small commercial store.

Triaina S.A. restored the original facades and the timber frame of the window openings as well as the roof to their original state, reinforced the load-bearing brickwork, and reconstructed all internal woodworks.

The challenge, though, was the extension of the building's body into the ground, to create from scratch basement storing space under the existing frame of the building.


RESTORATION OF LISTED TWO-STOREY COMMERCIAL BUILDING "MOUSTAKIS S.A."

PROPRIETOR: MOUSTAKIS S.A.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The company assumed the restoration of the listed commercial building located on Maizonos Str. in the city of Patras.

The building is known as "Moustakis S.A.", covers approximately 520m2, and was entirely destroyed during a fire blast in 1998.

The contract included partial demolishment of the load-bearing walls and their replacement with steel structured ones, the construction of a composite slab, and all construction works and electromechanical installations required by the use of the building as a contemporary shop.

RESTORATION OF LISTED THREE-STOREY HOTEL BUILDING "MITROPOLIS"

PROPRIETOR: MITROPOLIS HOTEL

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The company undertook the restoration of the neoclassic listed hotel building located in Trion Symmachon Square in the city of Patras.

The building is known as "Hotel Mitropolis" and covers approximately 240m2.

The company replaced and restored the original facades and the timber frame of the window openings, which take up approximately 650m2. The roof's timber structure was also reinstated in form, and it covers 190m2.


RESTORATION OF LISTED BUILDING

PROPRIETOR: DUR ESCAPE LAND

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The company engaged in the restoration of the neoclassic listed building (840m2 floor space) located in St. Andreas St. in the city of Patras.

The company restored the original facades and the timber frame of the window openings and roof to their original state, reinforced the load-bearing brickwork, and reconstructed all internal woodwork.